At the Siggraph conference for computer graphics this July, Maxon announced the new Cinema 4D Release 19. The updated version of the popular and easy-to-use 3D graphics program brings useful tools and enhancements for computer artists. VR and workflow improvements are the focus of the update. Here are some of the key improvements:
- The Viewport has been improved with better depth of field, a clear noise-less object preview, better more realistic reflection previews and new supersampling capabilities.
- With Mograph and Voronoi Fracture you can now procedurally split objects and control the dynamics with connectors, glue elements together and add detail to the cracks.
- The new Radeon ProRender integrates a popular feature to Cinema 4D. ProRender brings cross-platform GPU rendering to the application and adds flexibility to rendering, providing multiple options for output.
- A Spherical Camera has been added to render 360 degree VR videos for popular platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Oculus, and Vive.
- BodyPaint 3D is now OpenGL and offers real-time display of reflections and displacements as one paints
- Animated Gifs and MP4s can now be used as textures which will enable many a maximalist designer to create unusual and over-the-top work.
R19 is set to be released this September. To learn more about the update take a look at the Maxon website.
Originally published at Notes on Design from Sessions.edu.